1.09.2007

It's all my fault, as usual.

The weather has been most peculiar indeed! It's unseasonably warm. Some people blame global warming but I know better.

Ever since about mid December I have been waiting literally with my index finger poised over the shutter button on my camera, waiting for it to snow. It can't be a coincidence. This is the first year I've been really ambitious about taking photos, and I'm anxious to capture Prague in all it's winter glory, but nothing. Not a drop.

And if that's not enough, I actually went out and bought boots, especially for winter. I went out, braving the crowds and row after row of ugly cowboy boots, to buy some shoes suitable for the inevitable snow. In years past I've trudged through snow in my sneakers all winter.
New boots
And now I have have a pair of boots that can take on piles and piles of snow with ease, and no fucking use for them.

It's obviously my fault, it can't be a coincidence. So if you're in Prague, pining for the glory of winters past, then blame me. Of course, if you're in Prague and you just love the mild weather we're having then you can thank me. And buy me a beer.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question: do you read the comments on Flickr? Why do I ask? Cos I've already commented on this pic. Anyway, to save you looking I'll summarise what I said:-

Nice, but I still think you'd have looked better in cowgirl boots. Yeee haaaaa!

Oh how you would have laughed if you'd read the original.

Damn, I won't be doing Prague this year. I've decided on NY again (he said, hinting at his latest post). And I would have bought you a drink, maybe lots more, for sure. I might even have let you touch my new camera, which I haven't got yet, but will have by the time I'm on holiday.

I'm sorry to hear about the snow. Life is so cruel to you.

Anonymous said...

But I'm in AMERICA, specifically in a place where it usually snows this time of year. It RAINED on Christmas Eve. In fact, it hasn't snowed since December 1st.

Is the curse of your snow-wishing really so powerful that you are in fact causing global warming? If so, please desire a wonderful desert shot with lots of sweat or some evidence of heat. I don't like it this warm... it's above 0 C :(
It's supposed to rain Thursday, too. In January. That's just not right.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry it will come ... in March

Anonymous said...

Nice to see that you are still out there. I have been dead to the blogosphere for a while (long, sad, boring story). Now that I have been born again, reincarnated, or what the hell ever, I find that you are still kicking, and in some mighty fine footwear I might add.

As for winter---no snow here either, so your influence seems to be global.

Anonymous said...

During my last visit I neglected to comment on the picture attached to this post---so...I would like to say--"nice legs", and ask if you had anything on other than the boots????

Kittie said...

those boots are hot. I want some.