1.13.2007

Get a room, will you!!

I don't know whether this is something that I just started noticing, or something people just have been doing more recently, but some people in my building are damn annoying. You see where I live, you can hear quite a lot through the walls. Occasionally I can hear someone in a flat below me if they have their television on quite loud for example, but it isn't usually so bad.

The last week or so, however, people have been making a habit of standing in the hallway, having loud conversations for what seems like ages (5 to 20 minutes maybe) in the morning! Well not technically morning, but what might as well be morning as far as I'm concerned.

I don't get it! It's one thing to pass someone in the hallway, or knock on their door and ask a quick question, get a quick answer and then get the fuck on your way, but if you want to have a bleedin' conversation then go into their fucking flat for fucks sake! I mean if you've got something important, or interesting or neither but it takes more than 30 seconds than invite em in to sit down, have a drink or something! Don't make the rest of us listen to your bullshit!

I don't know why people do this all of a sudden either. I've been living there for 2 months and I've never had a week where there were at least 3 different conversations in the hallway before the time I got up. It might be due to the lateness of my rising, but I've been getting up about the same time for at least a month. Maybe everyone else has gotten over their holiday hours and are back to work, I don't know. Actually come to think of it, there wasn't anyone talking loudly in the hall this morning (before 2pm). Maybe other people actually sleep in on the weekend. Who'd have thought it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe there's no one there, and you're having a breakdown?

Or, perhaps it's God trying to talk to you, but as a Godless feminist, you're forced to perceive it as mundane chat.

Then again, maybe it's just the neighbours, getting together, saying, "Did you hear her again last night? I never had a wink of sleep. On her fucking computer hour after hour, tapping away!".

Michelle said...

Shows how much you know, smarty drawers! I don't have a computer at home so I don't tap away at the keyboard all night, and I know that those people are in the hall chatting because the green imp who lives at the foot of my bed said they were there... so there!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, our neighbor's kids run up and down the hallway all night sceaming their heads off...take em outside and roll them in the smow

R Nicolas said...

As often happens, I empathize with your plight.

I live in a house, so don't have to worry about noise in the hallway (except for the little purple people who occasionally squabble over the food I leave for my cobbler elves.) However, there are several neighbors who are begging me to buy a rocket launcher. These morons insist on driving by the house at all hours with their stereo's bass at full blast thumping out their ridiculous rap-crap. I'm waiting for the day when something rattles off of their car so I can run outside and laugh.

Then there's the guy next door who has visitors who are too lazy to get out of their damned car and ring the doorbell, so they insist on sitting in the driveway and blowing the damned horn--since they are stationary targets when I find a bazooka on e-bay I figure they will be taken out first.

damned pwujjis!!!!