12.05.2011

Who turned out the lights?

The days really get short so quickly, I've noticed. I mean, it's obvious why when the end of daylight savings comes, you get an instant hour's difference, that's understandable.. but from then on it just gets shorter and shorter by the second. I'm not sure that makes much sense, but I've noticed in the mornings.. you get the extra hour then, but within a few weeks it still dark by 7am or so.. and on a day that's dark by 4pm.


I think it might be getting to me, I know there's an actual syndrome, SAD or SAP or something, standing for.. seasonal, something that starts with an A and then something else, and it's not hard to understand why. It's bloody dark all the time! You get up a bit later in the morning on the weekend, hang about a bit, get showered and all, and it's already sunset if not completely dark by the time you set foot outside. It's crap! Who the hell organized it this way? I think we should do it differently, like, have about an extra hour per day overall, but you can take a few hours off June days, we really don't need to have daylight until 10 or so, and and give it to December and November.. that's how I think they should do it.. who do you have to write to to have something done about it?

No comments: