12.22.2011

The sun has set..

It is the shortest day o the year today, at least in the Northern Hemisphere, at least according to whichever site I clicked on when I googled winter solstice.. it's either today or yesterday.. whichever, there are really only a few minutes difference in the amount of light we see.

Today, or at least according to a certain script I often quote, and very near to the same aforementioned sites I spoke of, had exactly twice as much dark, as there was light. Not sure exactly what that means, as the sun takes it's time to both rise and set, but that's what they say if you're on the 50th parallel, as I am.

Yeah it's 3 days before Christmas, 2 if you count xmas eve which we do here and of course I had things to do.. stuff I should have done already but I'm doing pretty well if I'm not still desperately pushing through the crowds in the last hours of whatever's open being open on xmas eve, which is pretty much a holiday here so not so much and pretty early.. er, where was I, yeah, so getting stuff done on the 22nd, very responsible by my standards.

*sighs* That time of year.

No comments: