9.12.2011

The big recovery..

So, had one of my "fucking sick without being able to do a damn thing all day" days.. yesterday, following, of course a night of going out and having to much fun..


Yes, again. It happens over and over but somehow, at that point in the night when I should just stop drinking, where if I just quit then and there I'd be maybe not shining and healthy in the morning, I would at least have at most a minor headache, and not feel like getting up too early, but.. I kept going. Seemed like a good idea at the time or at least the very thought of a horrible next day didn't occur to me. Had other stuff on my mind, like.. well, there was stuff.

And I was scheduled to work yesterday, 2 tours. Not until the evening, but when I have these days, they go all day.. however, I'm usually good to do something by night time, and I thought I was, I left to go there, feeling a bit woozy on the tram but thought it might be ok, then I walked to the office and knew that there was no way I could work. At best I'd be very low key, probably not loud enough, and not able to act as though I was in a good mood, and at worst I would have made a very embarrassing and unprofessional spectacle of myself. Not a good thing, so, it being one of the less popular tours, and no one having booked it yet, I was able to go home.. and someone covered the other one. Things were better after that, just due to not having to worry about such things.. but it took a long time before I felt able to so much as drink water without feeling sick.. but I did, I was so thirsty.. and food, well, it's the first time in ages I've gone a whole 24 hour period without eating a single thing.. I was pretty hungry this morning.

I'm sure you really wanted to know all that.

No comments: