4.01.2011

Well.. it's been nice knowing you.

Goodbye blog world, goodbye internet.. it's time for me to go.

Well.. it's been nice, sort of, I've loved it, obsessed about it, and spent more than half my life on it, but now.. fuck it. There's no point, I write the most incessant drivel.. no one bothers to comment, and probably doesn't even read... I have nothing to write, except for the tedious details of my life, a record of my constant failures, a reminder that my dreams that I hang on to are not happening.. that my life is going nowhere..

so.. I'm ending it. In exactly 5 hours and 45 minutes this blog will self destruct. I mean.. destruction by hands of me.. and no only will I not be updating.. it will be no more.

It's got to be done. Not just the end of the blog, flickr too, and all my other internet activities, even email.. I mean it.. I'm going totally luddite on y'all... well not on y'all because I will no longer be in the life of people who aren't even right there anymore.. that's right, my friends, the people I know, the people I speak to.. will be limited to the people who are in the vicinity of where I am. Imagine that people? Remember that.. it was like that, not all that long ago....

And I will go outside. Smell the flowers.. I might start growing my own food, concentrate on work, proper work, which produces something... go out to the country, raise a family maybe.. find a church and make some friends.. or rope some friends into going there, if said country is in this Czech republic.. and promote good old fashioned values, for real people, with real lives, families, and communities.

So.. I guess that's it. Goodbye.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Going out to smell the flowers is always a good idea, but I will miss you. Your blog was the only "personal reflection" blog in my rss, and I've seriously been (quietly) rooting for you for quite a few years now. I initially just appreciated your insigtful glimpses of Prague (a place where I also have a lot of history), but eventually also found myself caring that things go well for you. So your successes made me happy, and your frustrations put some personal stuff into perspective. Even awesome people don't always succeed. I always thought: Michelle is the kind of chick I'd totally hang out with... if I were more cool, and still lived in Prague.

Anyway, I hope you don't think it's creepy that you have a well-wisher in North America. Don't stop taking pictures or thinking sacrilegious things! Good luck with everything!

Michelle said...

Aw thanks.. it's good to know that someone is reading.. or at least was reading back when I had a blog.. :)

yeah.. that blog that used to exist.. what happened to it...

*looks a bit sly and stuff*

Ronald said...

Hey, what's going on? I always come back you know that! I was on a break (like Ross from Friends)