3.18.2011

Something I've "ntoiced"

When people write typos.. and well.. I'm just the tiniest bit intolerant of them.. I don't mean that when confronted with a "teh" or a "wiht" that I will slam the laptop shut and refuse to ever read the site said offending arrangement of letters came from ever again.. more like.. I can a bit annoyed when I read something that has repeated commonly made typos.. which would be evident with a quick bit of proofreading.. it's just.. I dunno... there are certain sites where this is common.. and it just decreases my enjoyment of reading the otherwise clever and interesting content..

So yeah.. that's me.. big snob. One thing.. that's like.. totally noyin.. (and not that's not a typo that's a personal habit I have when speaking of shortening the word "annoying" on purpose.. keeping with the hip young habit of shortenin stuff) well.. not particularly noyin really... perhaps more amusing is when someone makes a point of quoting a particular word or phrase.. and they misspell it.. giving the word an uncanny resemblance to a sore thumb. I mean.. these "poeple" could at least... I mean.. you think they'd notice while making the effort to add extra punctuation, that there is an error... but no.. no.. these "wrtiers" and "commetner" just storm on.. to the end with nary a look back...

just thought I'd let y'all know how I felt about that..

1 comment:

The Arthurian said...

You write sometimes?
You write a lot. And rather well. I sympathize with the nit-picky complaints in this post.

Got here by NextBlog. Stopped to loop because your "about" says Prague
//Sure hope I spelled that right.
and yet you write in English.
I formerly worked with Czech immigrants to U.S...

ArtS