3.08.2011

The job thing.

More on this "work" thing I'm doing now.

So, did another new tour last night, the other one we do.. well one of the other ones we do.

Um, went ok.. I guess.

Started off a bit wonky.. again.. shameful! Got there slightly later than I should have.. bad me! Then I couldn't get the key to the hall leading to the office open, and couldn't get in until somebody else came out.

The I couldn't light the bloody lamp.. o and I didn't have a lighter which we need for this, because mine like, disappeared, but I'd completely forgotten to think about it until I was about to leave.. *looks displeased with self*.. but I had matches, but I couldn't light it. *tuts and stuff*

So.. I put on my jacket, hat, umbrella and took some brochures and went to the meeting place. No one there so I sat in the corner trying to light the lamp.. my matches kept going out but it didn't make any difference because I didn't know how to light it anyway. So I go to the spot.. try to open the umbrella.. couldn't at first but then I managed.

Then some people come and ask if I'm the tour they're booked with, so I look at their printout and scour it and stuff and deduce they are.

Well... the cashier and boss came up and figures out they are not with us.. oh and I was standing in the wrong spot :Z.. then we try to light my lamp.. I can't do it, she tries while I hold it but can't do it with the matches.. some people come for the tour and the guy has a lighter so we do it but she's totes not pleased that I couldn't light it, and only had matches, and hadn't done it all before going there, and that I was in the wrong spot.. and probably for giving the wrong info to those other people..

well the two people were again, the only people I had for the tour. Not English speakers.. not really at all.. and not such big photographers.. but I managed. I simplified the language, and used my hands, and overall it went ok.

I did figure out how to light the lantern though.. will know for next time :)

No comments: