3.03.2011

Out of the way..

so.. now have done my first tour..

After "literally" everything going wrong in the 25-30 minute before hand... forgetting the way, being late, losing gloves, not being able to unlock the door, lantern, umbrella, forgetting phone but having it after all, being unable to co-ordinate all the things I needed to carry in 2 hands, and only after the tour realizing that there's another handle on the lantern which makes it totes easier to carry... it went ok.

Very small tour.. 2 people, and they knew I was new.. and when I screwed up, which I did, it was ok. Overall I did reasonably well and they seemed to like it.

In any case it's all just fine now. And I got my glove back.

3 comments:

Ric said...

Congrats on your first tour! I did tours at Arcosanti for about a year; the first few were a lot like what you described. But it takes no time at all to settle into a grove.

Ronald said...

More congratulations. I'm so glad you've got the first one under you belt, so to speak. I'm guessing, it will all be plain sailing now and you can relax. Maybe you'll get all creative and tell jokes, maybe juggle and stuff too? Anyway, hugs and apologies for not being around.

Michelle said...

Hey.. where you been? Well.. thanks from both of you, it did go fine, overall.. I mean, it was only 2 people so I had it easy, but it did seem a lot less daunting than I had thought it would be.. so next time when I have more people I'll.. well I'll panic. I've a lot more to do before I get comfortable with it.. not make the little mistakes I made which are ok cos I'm new for instance, lead larger groups, do other tours with other stories.. doing a different one on Monday which I again need some brushing up on.. but more about that later..