3.15.2011

Like.. real bad and stuff.

Is the word egregious suddenly really popular with people who want to sound quite clever and therefore used a lot.. enough more than some vague time summed up as "before" for it to be noticeable, or am I just imagining that it is, based on the fact that I never really paid attention before.. or for some other reason? Well?

I dunno.. it's possible.. either one that is.. I mean, words do come in and out of fashion.. one that doesn't seem to be used nearly enough is palaver.. though it was used by at least one person today... and was named word of the day by another (I assume another person... the person who heard it from the aforementioned other.. I imagine) so it's not completely forgotten.. if indeed there was ever a danger of that.

I don't know if I would use egregious in any particular setting.. there are many other words to use in the instance one would use said word.. heinous, nefarious.. notorious.. many others.. appropriateness to the situation depending on the situation of course.. and all of those sound so much mor dramatic and... more better.. kinda :) but I think I'd use insufferable. Now there's a word that's rarely used.. these days.. and it's a crying shame.. scandalous really!

*goes about saying "insufferable* a lot*

No comments: