7.21.2010

Stuff... and stuff.

I remember once upon a time I used to have stuff to write about. Or I remember a time, more than one time, on and off I wrote lots.. and most of those times I would look back upon a golden age where I used to write about "stuff" and not just stuff.. you know.. my diary sort of thing. There was a time when I used to do it, I think. Actual posts about actual.. um.. well written or an attempt at good writing about something in particular. I think I did, or maybe I just always looked back to a time when I did.

I don't do that anymore. I sometimes think I did it more recently than I did but for the last 2, 3 maybe 4 years the bulk of my writing, when I in fact do write is stuff like my day.. what I'm complaining about at the mo.. dorkism or this kind of thing, which is blogging about blogging but not very intensively.. just sort of rambling. And then there's the just sort of rambling but not about anything in particular, sort of a cross between the first one and this one.

If you followed all that I'll give you a gold star.

5 comments:

Ronald said...

Sigh. I remember a time too, when comparatively speaking, I wrote "proper" posts. I wrote of observations, and episodes in my life I considered worthy of note; and occasionally I'd comment on things topical, from both the world at large and in popular culture. Now it's all I can do to say "good day!".

Michelle said...

Hmmm.. you see I've always been impressed by your constant ability to write about interesting, universal type themes from a unique and personal perspective.. sort of thing... the kind of thing I wished I could do more, or at all. Although sporadic, what you write is well.. proper blog stuff, sorta.. imho.

But that's how it is, I spose.

Ronald said...

Hmmm... not sure I agree with your self-evaluation. You're you... complete with your own style. But I'm not so different. When I was at what I consider my blogging best, I rarely posted more than once a week, as it was the only way I could write anything half- decent. I gave my posts a lot of thought before releasing them, but... on those occasions I tried to post more frequently, the posts suffered and I hated them. They were naff. So, Getting back to your good self, I think you should be proud of your blog's longevity, it's quite something, distinctive, especially considering the frequency of your posts. So trust me, you come across as dead cool. Keep up the good work.

PS. if you stop writing so frequently, I don't get to talk to you!

Michelle said...

yeah.. I guess so.. and one day I might just come up with a subject.. just to not have another one for a month to a year again.. but I guess that's ok too :)

Ronald said...

Don't see why a blog should be topic-driven.... What's wrong with "stream of consciousness"? :-)