7.25.2010

It's silly every season here..

Bet you can't guess what I did last night.

Told you you couldn't guess. Ok I'll tell you. I went to a christmas party. Yeah, a weird thing to do in July.. but someone we know knows someone who does this christmas in July thing and owns a bar so we went to that. It was pretty silly, with tinsel and baubles and a noisy auction. Quite fun, overall.

That wasn't the highlight of the day however. Neither was the psychological drama type movie, you know the kind about stuff that seems scientific but doesn't exist that you can't really follow but is entertaining anyway, if the music score is a little overbearing. No, the highlight of yesterday was the woman who looked at my intentionally funky and cool outfit of short skirt and stripey stockings like I was dressed in an unbecoming way, who had on an oversized shirt, belted.

I don't know if you get the significance of that, but try to visualize. Oversized shirt. Belted.

And she was looking at me like I was decked out poorly.

Now I'm about the most open minded person you'll ever meet, the last person who would be likely to join the ranks of the fashion police, but this sin against style, fashion and the helpless people on the street who are forced to view it should be severely punished. 1986 is long gone and it needs to stay there.

4 comments:

Ronald said...

Aaah... the claws are out... meeow!

Michelle said...

well.. you know I'm an extremely tolerant person.. but some things just can't be forgiven :)

Ronald said...

I can't forgive those wotchamacallit hair-do's - mullets? I mean, tell me... what the fuck are they all about?

Michelle said...

yeah... I think they were grossly unfashionable even when they were in style.. I mean, only worn by a certain sector of society... you know..