3.25.2009

Wednesday - Doing this for no other reason than... it's been a long time..

I'm on brain drain this week, so I'm resorting to lazy blogging, which in my case is my dorky day o the week system. Wednesday is god day. I haven't done this for ages, but it's where I get a random bible verse and give it 3 different interpretations. I've had reasonable success with it, if by success you mean writing 3 incoherent translations of something of which I haven't got the foggiest clue as to the meaning of, which people sometimes, though not very many and not very often. So, here's the verse:

Hebrews 13:15: Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.
and these are possible interpretations..

a) If you worship God and pray and be faithful and moral, be kind to people and tell them about Jesus and love everyone etc etc etc... all will be groovy and sunshine and unicorns will play on the clouds.. *sigh*

b) We will sacrifice all sinners to the LORD to prove we are HOLY, granted we don't usually put it this way but why do you think we treat so many people like the fags and bitches and all them foreign brown people like shit.. so we shall continue to SMITE those who do not follow the LORD.. and whether people are following the LORD sufficiently will be decided by us on every individual level.. let's just say some people get the benefit of the doubt more often than others.. not our fault, it's what the lord says.. take it up with Him.

c) hehe.. fruit, lips. It's funny. I swear. Get it?

ok so they're just a jumble of words. I didn't promise much.

No comments: