3.03.2009

Tuesday Stupid Questions Nobody Ever Asks #4 - The neither stupid or never edition.

Actually the question is edging towards dumb territory, but it is quite an oft asked query.

Where did all the socks go?

I would explain it in more detail, but you know what I mean, sockwearers of the world know, because you have experienced it. The exodus of the socks is a universal problem, so YOU KNOW!

Well, unless you don't wear socks. And especially if you live in a part of the world in which socks aren't typically worn, or indeed where people barely wear shoes let alone socks, due to climate, or poverty. Or if you're a woman who always wears stockings and high heels.

Ok, let's just say it's widespread. Still, the chances you know what I'm talking about is high. You wash your socks, you sort them out, pairing them up, and always, literally always there are some left over. You wait until another wash is done and the socks out of that load just don't match the ones that are odd, and there are MORE ODD SOCKS AMONGST THEM!

This is what happens to me anyway. I have like 7 socks that don't match any other socks, and I stupidly keep them around thinking the others will show up sometime, but every time new socks come off the dryer perhaps only one matches one of the other odd socks, and another 3 turn out to be odd, creating more odd socks.

I have a sock drawer "literally" stuffed to the gills, but I still have to rifle through it every day to find suitable socks to wear, because I just don't have enough of them!

If anyone has an answer to this question I would greatly appreciate it.

2 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

I'm pretty sure the missing socks are in that pile of lost stuff in heaven that George Carlin used to talk about. That, or they're assembling into a sock army to take over the world. Either one is plausible.

Michelle said...

Right.. I was thinking that Zaphod Beeblebrox was bringing in oodles of money in a second hand odd sock shop business..