4.14.2007

No ideas whatsoever..


Headquarters
Originally uploaded by Ms Kat.
I'm going through one of my quite frequent and rather lengthy writer's blocks, and have no idea at all what to write about so I thought I'd look back a year and see what I was doing. Interestingly enough April the 14th last year was a Friday and a good one at that.. or rather it was a particular religious holiday that's already been and gone this year. And I was celebrating the occasion by writing about the man at the centre of it.. Jesus himself...

And on this day many years ago...Jesus died.

He was dragged from his house in his pajamas, strung up onto a cross, (after he dragged it into town himself after going out into the woods and chopping down the trees and then cutting up the planks of wood and nailing them together) his hands and feet were NAILED into the wood and he was left up there.....

And it goes on. I took some photos as well that day. Including this one of a rather unusual building on the street I lived at the time.

6 comments:

Ronald said...

"dragged from his house in his pajamas" - hehe!

Michelle said...

To tell you the truth I'm not entirely sure he actually wore pajamas, but sometimes you have to just make up things for the sake of lyrical flow, as a writer I'm sure you understand.

Ronald said...

A writer is at liberty to embellish the text. It's fundamental to his/her art. I would have had him on the cross complete with nails, sparse loin-cloth, and an over-size pair of Doc Martin boots. Does that work? Anyway, yours was a master-stroke for sure.

Michelle said...

Ah you are wicked. The things you could do if you let this subject run away with you.. actually neither of us are the first people to think of dressing up Jesus in anything and everything. This guy seems to be doing pretty well with it.

Ronald said...

Out of all that page had to offer I like the underpants he's got Jesus decked out in.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it interesting to have been writing these things for long enough that you can look back at what you were doing a year ago?