4.18.2007

I sort of care, truly I do

I was somewhat relieved to come into my "office" today and find that no major disaster had occurred. I'd been a bit worried, yesterday I left the official resident here in quite a state. He'd been up all the night before, and just got to bed when I came in yesterday. He got up again a few hours later because he had some appointments to keep, still drunk and immediately pouring himself another. He left and I had a few blissful hours all on my own. He came back in the early evening, more drunk still after being out for a few hours. He was mumbling incoherent things and behaving weird, mumbling incoherent things, crying, singing. I was quite concerned because he was being weirder than he usually is, and I truly, honestly, deeply don't want anything to happen to him, and he seemed to be in kind of a dangerous state. I just don't truly, honestly, deeply care enough to stick around when he's singing, shouting, yelling at me to get him something or cook him something and crying, depending on the minute. So I left.

Today everything was fine. He made it to his bed, nothing is broken or knocked over and there are signs of food being prepared and eaten in the kitchen, which leads me to believe that he sobered up quite a lot to being just "very drunk" sometime during the night. So next time I just won't worry.

2 comments:

Ronald said...

It's been a while since you mentioned the "official resident"; but even so, on occasion, I fleetingly think of him. I wonder how he is, and if he still has a liking for the booze. Now I know. It's a shame you moved away though, don't you think? your previous living arrangements made for interesting blogging. Anyway, how is his singing?

Anonymous said...

WOW. I read this blog for 6 months now and I still don't understand what you do, with who you live, and where you are :D Cheers!