4.23.2007

And the prize for worst ever headline goes to...

See loins in the fountain...

It might be hard to believe but very soon someone is going to outdo that, I promise you... anyway.

ROME (Reuters) - A 40-year-old office clerk made a splash at Rome's Trevi
fountain when she went for a swim, naked, in the Renaissance masterpiece in
front of a crowd of tourists.

And?

"The water is everyone's. I was hot," Roberta, who did not give her last
name, said, as snapshots of her appeared in all Italy's major newspapers on
Monday.

Well I can believe that, it's hot enough here to make me wanna jump in my local fountain here, if there was actually any water in it, I can imagine what it's like in Rome.

But swimming in the fountain is prohibited and Roberta, from Milan, now risks a hefty fine for public indecency.
Fascists! I blame the Catholic church.

In 1995, German supermodel Claudia Schiffer also waded into the fountain for an advertising campaign for designer Valentino.
Oh, and I bet there were millions of complaints when she did it! Oh I guess not. This is a clear case of discrimination against non-supermodel people who are over the age of 23! Makes me feel like going to Rome and parading around naked just to make a statement. Anyone want to come with me?

1 comment:

Barry Leiba said...

I dunno; I've seen some headlines that were right up there with that one. I think I've blocked them out of my mind, though.

«Well I can believe that, it's hot enough here to make me wanna jump in my local fountain here, if there was actually any water in it»

And I'm sure the locals would be very pleased, should that happen. If you do, be sure to post a photo.
;->

«This is a clear case of discrimination against non-supermodel people who are over the age of 23!»

Hm, I dunno. The tiiiiiny photo on the front page of today's Il Tirreno seems pretty appealing. I don't think Roberta has anything to worry about from Claudia... but that's just my opinion, so take it with a grain of sand in your thong, or some such.

«Makes me feel like going to Rome and parading around naked just to make a statement. Anyone want to come with me?»

Hm, sounds like a nice way to spend part of July, say. Count me in.