6.24.2014

Lost days.

Life just doesn't happen if there's no one there to photograph it. Well when I'm not there to capture it, or I'm there but have no camera to shoot it. I'd say it again if I could come up with another simile for "to take a photograph".

Saturday was the summer solstice, here in the northern hemisphere. The day, where absolutely everything happens, particularly when it falls on a Saturday, which it did. Festivals and parties all over the place. One of them was the annual veggie parade, which I took part in. And yes, it did really happen, and I was really there, I have photos to prove it. We wandered through the streets of Prague, shouting slogans, some, especially the English ones, quite silly, among people with banners, in costumes, with dogs, with kids. We stopped, we froze, we kept chanting. Then had ice cream and snacks, well waited for ages for 2 guys in the vegan ice cream line, while having other non ice cream food, and beer. Like I said, that happened.

Oh yeah the world cup is on too. You may have heard about it. A bunch of people from a bunch of countries get together somewhere, this time Brazil, to play football. Some countries pretty much always go and pretty much always get through to the second round to battle it out for the big games but some of those didn't get that far this year. We watched a game, first half near the final point of the walk and half of it nearer to our next destination. Argentina won that game.

The last thing didn't happen. Well it sorta happened. I went there, and I'd had a few beers and stuff and we went to go on and the guy at the door searched my bag and said "you can't bring in a camera" it sounded like he said "you can bring in a camera" because of his accent, so I said yeah I have a camera, not that he wouldn't have known I have one because it's quite bulky, so we had to go and store it at the office. Yeah there's an office, not relevant.

So we went back, without the camera, except that bit didn't happen. Ok so it did, but fuzzily, with low resolution. The people with iphones got to experience it properly, in video and everything.. of course, those don't count as a camera, so you can take those in.. must remember to acquire one of those. I didn't see any of that of course.

Oh and the next few days didn't happen at all. That's why I didn't write then.



No comments: