10.14.2010

*raises glass*

I'm having a real life anniversary today. That is, a celebration of some number of whole years since a particular important incident occurred, as opposed to say.. a 2 week anniversary which is a logical impossibility and does not exist!

Just under 3 years ago exactly was the first time I met with my gentleman friend Erik, for the first time in real life, after knowing each other exclusively online for a while, at the horse statue.

We then wandered on to the inaugural dinner, at U Medvidku, a charming spot which I've been to many a time over the years, but which has since been given a special place in my heart since this aforementioned event.. and subsequently one which we are revisiting this evening. And revisited a year ago.. and the year before that...

and we'll have beer, perhaps some cheese though perhaps not this evening as one half of the partnership has recently become sorta vegan, but that's ok, we'll have beer, and we'll be dorks.. and then we'll have some dinner somewhere else...

I'm not expecting to go on a wild goose chase afterwards.. like the original meeting.. we didn't catch any geese that night, probably because they're don't seem to be too many in Žižkov, where we were, but we didn't find that bar either.. we did find another one though.. I mean, there's always some bar.. who knows. Maybe we'll chase some nonexistent geese, or maybe not, but I wouldn't be adverse to some kind of shenanigans occuring, it seems like the night for it.

Except for the fact that the water heater dude is coming early tomorrow to finally replace our old and barely functioning one after a few aborted attempts.. but that's relatively unimportant.

2 comments:

Ronald said...

Muchos congratulatziones, and erm... stuff. It´s pseudo Spanish. I'm in the departure lounge at Barcelona airport, waiting for my flight home. I forgot to tell you, I´ve been on a cruise. Well, to be honest, I didn´t like to say. I´ve been on so many holidays this past year or so it seems like I´m showing off. Anyway, hope you´re well Ñ-)

Michelle said...

Well.. isn't that just.. quite cool. I hope you had a great time, I'm sure you did, you're quite an old hat at this holidaying/cruising thing :) I bet you know what to waste your time on...