10.23.2010

Well that was silly.

I totally..totally expected, well intended to go somewhere this weekend. Out of the city, overnight or if that didn't work out at least for the day, from real early.. to late.

Well.. ok I'm up, which is kind of early for me on a weekend, but that's mostly because I had a headache and I was all sneezy, for some reason. I'm still sitting here in my skuzzy loungabout home clothes which also serve as pajamas, and I kind of have not much intention of moving much very soon, if at all.

It's all my fault. I suggested we "go for a beer at the rustic place" last night about 6 or 7 in the eve and we went for a beer. If we'd stuck to "a beer" things would have been fine but there was this waiter right, and well, there's sort of a tradition here in your common man's pub where the waiter brings you a beer when your other beer is getting low without you even asking for one, which isn't done so much nowadays, at least not in Prague, at least not in most pubs we go to, and usually not in this one, but this guy does that, so we had to have another beer, and then he brought one again, and when that went low he brought another one.

You can see where this is going.

Of course, after leaving there we had another beer (and some of us a shot, not me though) at another place. That was unecessary but once you've had that many drinks you're often in the mood for another, I've found.

So this morning me and my partner in crime, if you like, who were intending on going out somewhere with hills and trees and fresh air for some hiking and sightseeing, are both feeling not exactly up to it, and who knows what if anything we'll end up achieving today.

4 comments:

Ronald said...

Booze is seductive. We (J and I) did the same thing when on the cruise the other week. On the eve of a morning excursion to Portofino we found ourselves at our favourite bar till 1am. Once we found our "drinks package" extended to champagne, we were doomed. That bubbly stuff is evil. Still managed the excursion though :-)

Michelle said...

ugh.. the very thought of champagne is just.. ugh.. I mean, not too keen on the thought of beer, which I am well known to be fond of.. right now, but champagne I'm not too big on the best of times. Not saying it's stopped me drinking it of course :)

Ronald said...

Was just checking out FB (I re-activated my account recently) and I saw your new profile pic. I laughed. I found it kind of appropriate, given what you did last night :-)

Michelle said...

yeah... it quite illustrates the whole.. thing..