10.19.2010

For a second there.. I felt sort of real.. and stuff.

I had a casting yesterday, for a real professional type ad thingy. Oh I wasn't called in from the agency or anything.. oh no, that doesn't appear to be for the likes of me.. this was an open casting...

On the way there, while talking to myself in an American accent I bumped into a dude who was in my old class, when I did it a few years ago.. then I walked in, saw the dude I see every time I go for anything, then turned and there was the dude from class that does everything, goes everywhere and "rehearses" withe everyone... all the time. The typical stuff.

The casting itself.. interesting. I had to be an American, which turned out to be the easiest bit, it was an improv and I was supposed to be the "boss" of a corporate type thingy and I know very little about corporate type stuff so I fumbled the improv a bit.. but I can live with it. I can handle not having got a callback and therefore obvs not getting it as long as I didn't make an utter cringeworthy fool of myself.. I mean I did make a fool of myself, but not cos I'm a crap actor (not necessarily not one either, but in this case it's moot) but because I don't really understand corporate stuff thingies and therefore am not very good at improvising that stuff. It was actually quite fun.

I also had class last night, and as I missed a class last week and didn't "rehearse" at all due to being *cough* poorly... I felt I might be sorta rusty... I mean you gotta be really limber with this stuff, but it turned out ok. I kinda sorta felt it some of the time, and it was quite fun too, for once.

Oh and afterwards I got kidnapped by my classmates and was forced to drink. They're such a bad influence those people, I should have a word with them.

3 comments:

Ronald said...

I'm glad you felt real, if only for a short time. I think I felt the same way once, though I'm not really sure. How would I know?

How awful being kidnapped and being forced to indulge in alcohol. I do hope it wasn't too traumatic for you. I take it there were too many of them to fight off, despite your most ferocious efforts?

Michelle said...

Yes it was fine, that second of feeling like I actually existed, kind of. At least I think I thought I existed, but as you said.. how would I know?

Oh the kidnapping, let us not speak of it anymore.. it's over and I was so overcome that I was unable to attend tonight's class for fear of a repeat incident... oh yes.. at least 4 of them, 3 of them large burly man types..or 2 of them, well, perhaps not that burly but you know what I mean, monsters! The lot of them. I mean you'd probably think they're really nice people if you met them but do not be mistaken, they will physically force you into a public house and pour the nectar of such places down your throat no matter how much you protest.. done it twice now.

ousheniz!

Michelle said...

seriously... I didn't cave in with only a tiny bit of persuasion at all... :)