2.24.2012

Even better then the others!

I've just added another nerdy annoyance (nerdinoyance, nerdannoyance?) to my list of peeves re spelling and grammar and use of similar but obviously wrong words in particular contexts that are depressingly common.


Can you guess what it is? I've probably already mentioned vexation with unnecessary apostrophes, you're/your etc.. loose for lose, speach, rediculous..

This is even more annoying then those. Well not more annoying then them, it's as annoying as those others.

...........

Yeah.. then/than.. not the same word people!

For instance:
"I got off the tram, and then I realized I didn't have my wallet on me."
is correct..
"This pasta is even better then the one my grandmother makes!"
is incorrect... it should read
"This pasta is even better than the one my grandmother makes!"

See the difference?

*takes off nitpicky hat, goes back to being inarticulate slob who probably says a hundred things a day to piss off even more wordnerdy people*


No comments: