1.04.2012

I said it wouldn't be a good idea.. didn't I?

So, I grumblingly, begrudgingly went to work last night. Felt awful, just your common cold, sore throat, very tired due to said sore throat.. nothing one can't live with but not something you want when you need to lead a group of people around outside at night, in winter, while being all entertaining and stuff.

Well it wasn't bad, cozy group of 6 people, they all seemed nice, and interested, no garbage truck turned up just as I was at the Golden Bears to drown me out.. was feeling a little tickly in the throat but it wasn't the worst. By the end of the tour it got bad, part cold air, strong wind, and bad air down in the creepy catacombs, by the time I was done my throat was terrible, my body weak and sore.. and to make it all just fucking wonderful, the tram was just crowded enough that the 2 women who shoved before me just a few seconds before the tram came, got the last seats left. I really needed a seat.

Today I'm better, I think, at least better than I was when I came home, throat not as bad, bit sniffly, and will be sneezy but at least I can hang around here all night, so I have a chance at recovering.

Of course, tomorrow I've got to go wandering around the Castle up on the freezing, windy hill for 3 hours.

JMG.

2 comments:

moshmangus said...

Do take care of your health before taking care of your work, what do you think of that?

Michelle said...

I think well of that, especially as that would give me the excuse to take tomorrow night off :)