11.15.2011

I'm still waiting for the fog to lift..

For the past few weeks now, I have, upon being woken up between 4:30 to 6:00 by the kitty, going for my first morning er.. relieving.. and seeing the region of Vrsovice out the toilet window, covered in a mist, or fog. Depending on how early in the morning it is. And I think.. gee it's been foggy recently, but.. generally it lets up a bit and by the time I get out of bed properly at 8a.. er 10.. ok about 11 or 12, it's mostly gone.

The last few days there's been a bit of fog about, but also it's been quite sunny.. very nice for the weekend and for a visitor we've had here for a few days. Cold though.

This morning, I again, upon my first awakening, saw out of the window, a sea of mist. It was particularly thick, I thought. This was also the day I was going with our visitor to Vysehrad, up on the hill.. the site of the original castle of Prague.. and a whole bunch of other stuff. She had a bunch of stuff to do, shopping, post office, that sort of thing so I said I'd meet her later, in the afternoon.. it's better to give the fog some time to lift, as it usually does, and by that time, we'd have a bit of sun and some warmth.

Well.. everything went according to plan, got her stuff done and we met at our arranged time. Except for the fog bit.. still the same as early in the morning. We go up there, walk around and are freezing! Go through the artist's graveyard, see the psychadelic basilica, walk through the park.. and are pretty much ready to go somewhere warm and pleasant with food and beer.. but first we had to go to the lookout where you see a beautiful view of the city and the river and the castle.

We went to the lookout and well there are some very nice buildings diretlty in front of it. We saw the castle.. I mean I knew it was, think it was the castle.. I suppose it could have been another towery churchy thing, possibly was.. I don't really know.

That was about 3:00.. fog still hasn't lifted.

No comments: