12.14.2010

So I'm done..

We just finished the shooting for this film we're doing. Well maybe, there's one little bit to do, and as I'm providing the cam I will have to be there for it and we might have to reshoot something or do another scene to replace it because.. well at first I thought I'd lost it, or rather hadn't shot it.. well I forgot about it actually and thought I had lost/hadn't shot some amusing outtakes of us dancing and being super dorks.. but there was also some footage that was supposed to go in the film, but it turned out I had it.. I just hadn't seen it at first.. it was inside this folder and there were 2 folders in the folder and there was 2 of them and it was different folders that I'm used to because I'm using a different camera you know what I mean?

Well anyway, we have it, but the footage is total crap. So we might have to replace it, or do without it, we'll see. I'm not editing.. so I don't have to be bothered with that.

So.. it went well. Much better than the first night we did it.. and I don't want to downplay the importance experience, even a little bit makes to this, but quite frankly a certain person that was part of the other shooting that wasn't at this one... who is just the slightest bit exasperating, may have more to do with it. I mean.. it's messy, the footage is bad quality and the movie idea is average at best.. but we're learning something.. I think.

I had fun. We laughed, we talked, we shot stuff. Now that's done, until we do another.

Well except for the editing which I'm not doing but there's still the final film to see, and the bits we may end up reshooting.

2 comments:

Ronald said...

You've done it now. That's invaluable experience, and hopefully it's set the ball rolling. There's every chance you'll progress to bigger and better things. I hope so anyway. It's nice to do stuff. It sure beats doing fuck-all which is all I'm doing at the moment. Nothing personal, but it was all I could do to comment.

Michelle said...

Thanks.. I like getting a few of these comment things now and again.. :)

well.. just got back from the "screening".. editing is finished and we just watched it and well.. for what it is, it isn't so bad. Of course what it is is an extremely modest, first time, very quickly done effort by a bunch of people with little acting experience, and no experience or knowledge of any other aspect of filmmaking.. so ya know..

knedin.. not quite Czech, maybe it's the Germanized version of the word for kneading the dough for "knedliky".. which are dumplings, at least I call them that, and we eat them with all sorts of stuff..