9.23.2012

It's all downhill from here.

We're at that time of year. And by "we" I mean those that live in a place that is not too hot for weather, and in the Northern Hemisphere. I don't know what percentage of the world's population that is, but it's a large percentage of the population that we (there's that we again) pay much attention to. Sorry Southern Hem, I know what it's like, I was once one of you.

It's the official beginning of autumn, the equinox, the time when days start getting not just shorter, but shorter than the average. It's getting colder the leaves are getting yellower, things sort of get more mellow and quiet. At least that's how I seem to be experiencing it. I mean, it also spells a time when I really need to get off my ass the get doing something, you know, like work, but after a month on a film crew, and 2 (albeit one of them was for just under 24 hours) trips out of the country in 2 weeks, I feel very settled. There's a better word for what I feel but I can't think of it.

It's not so cold and this weekend has been quite lovely, looking anyway, didn't get out too much, but that's alright, there's plenty of autumn left, and some of it still might be warm and sunny enough to really enjoy. I'm waiting for the leaves to start falling in enough numbers that you can walk through the streets on brown leaves all the way, there's no point if you can't do that, really.

So happy autumn everyone. And happy spring everyone else. And for everyone else, enjoy the warm weather.

2 comments:

moshmangus said...

Thank you very much for your autumn greetings, I wish you a wonderful season full of coloured leaves while they stand on trees and full of brown ones on the ground. I love to play with brown leaves like a kid, don't you?

Michelle said...

Oh yes, that's the whole point of autumn isn't it? That and that whole pretty colours of it all. I quite like it really.