1.12.2011

This people..

There are so many kinds of people out there. So many kinds.. I mean, there are men and women, smart people and not so smart people, people who like art, and people who like structure, not that those two are mutually exclusive, there are tall people, people with straight hair, people from countries that are not the country you are from.. it's endless!

Then there are people who like games. I mean, most people like games to a degree. There are probably few people who to some degree like some game out there.. but I mean people who "like games".. like, a lot and a lot of them.

I met one tonight.. I went to this gathering of a class that someone else was in.. some people I'd met before but this one young man, American, I overheard a few snippets of the word "game" from a few times.. then I joined the conversation insofar as I was listening to the gist of the general conversation around the table which had grown to including the whole table, and it was led by him, and it was about games. All sorts of games, games as a generic ideal, backgammon, chess, some card game called peanuckle.. however you spell it.. then others offered there thoughts on these games and others that they'd experienced..

and it went on.. more games, more aspects of the gaming lifestyle, different views on games.. simulated games drawn on paper to explain the particular game..

So.. there you go. It takes all sorts of people.. that's all.

3 comments:

Ronald said...

Sometimes I think life is a game. Or at least, I wish it were so; then maybe I'd not take it so seriously. Flip flap, fluddet!

Word verification: ditencry

Ronald said...

Blog owner approval? I really think I should have a direct line to the author! Pft!

Michelle said...

sorry about that... no idea why that happened.. I don't have moderation turned on.. at least I didn't turn it on.. a couple of spam comments showed up so perhaps it just switched... I dunno..

either way you should not be subjected to such indignity, and for that I profusely apologize..