1.20.2011

grrr.. arrghh..

I've got all these scripts to know before tomorrow evening.. well afternoon if you count the time I need to get ready and get there... and if you want to include the time by which I should know it pretty good so I can then go over it and perfect it well..

fuck..

it's some stories I need to know for the tour guide thing, I've had to learn 2 at a time over the last 2 weeks, get it ready to tell in 2 or 3 days.. and I've managed each time, reasonably well I think, and the last time I procrastinated so long that I had to learn the 2 in about a day and a half, and the other in about 4 hours.. considering on top of procrastinating I lost my scripts..

well, I don't know this time. It's tomorrow and I haven't really started learning them properly.. I don't have the paper versions because after losing the last ones the guy emailed me the lot so just didn't give me them this time, and the printer doesn't seem to want to work and I like using not having printed out versions as an excuse for why I'm not really doing it yet.

Ok I've done some work on them. A bit of editing.. I like to say this stuff in my own words, and well.. the stuff there is written.. kind of poorly. I've done that with all of them but this time I thought I'd go through it right away and write it the way I want it and then learn it that way. Well.. I've edited a bit of one. Ok so I've edited one, with possible more editing later and a tiny bit of the second. I did also learn the very first paragraph of the first one which I have since completely re-written.

I'll probably learn them in time.. I always do, but I also always feel that I'm not prepared enough.. and seeing as I managed to learn them in the time I did I could have started earlier and gotten more comfortable with it so I could be more free with it and work on my voice more etc etc etc.

I dunno... this is kind of frustrating.

5 comments:

Ronald said...

You'll do okay I'm sure. You're young, ambitious, and if Neptune is in Uranus, well...

Michelle said...

I think I did ok.. I mean, I don't remember which ones this was for, which night.. is it the time I lost the scripts? Last night I had to do another 2 and I procrastinated, again, and spent a day and a half learning one, and then had a few hours to learn another... I managed to get the basic shape of the script and was fairly confident.. then we get there and he says we only have time for one.. turned out to be the second one.. but after being kicked out of the tower we did the first one instead.. and I reckon I did ok but it's hard to tell...

*breathes*

now I need to learn 2 more and polish up on all the rest...

Michelle said...

oh and I might have some other stuff to do...

well.. we'll see..

Ronald said...

*Crosses fingers and stuff*

Michelle said...

thanx :)