1.22.2011

The big test.

Is tomorrow. For the last week or so I've been memorizing one or 2 stories at a time about Prague and ghosts and the Charles Bridge. I've done pretty well... even when I procrastinated and left it all too late and even lost some of my scripts.. but I'm pretty good at that learning lines thing.. if there's one thing I can be confident that I've been good at is "command of the script"... I've even been told that. and that's good and all... it can be useful to be a nice and obedient parroter of what you're given sometimes.. well, the earlier scripts I learnt pretty much word for word.. later ones I've rearranged to my liking more.. but I still know them pretty well.

So, kudos for me. The other areas I'm not as sure about.. not not at all sure about, just not as sure about.. and the others are really good too.. and it is a sort of competition. And well.. I like being good at that one thing, but to be honest I'd rather be better at the.. being all conversational and affable and amusing and stuff... you know.. I mean if I get to choose my main skill as being something boring and something cool... I'm gonna choose the cool.

Of course.. because I'm quite good in command doesn't mean that I'm not good at the other stuff... and greater familiarity with the text and being comfortable with it all helps the other stuff.. but.. still. As I said who knows.

So.. tomorrow is the test. We were going to all do a whole private tour for the guy who's training us, but he just doesn't have time to do that, so we're going to do one tour, where everyone does a story each.. a random one, which means we have to be on top of all of them. I'm pretty good with the ones I already knew.. I've been going over them all day, rewriting a lot, trying to print them out and succeeding only with pathetic faint inked versions.. and there are 2 I was previously unfamiliar with.. those are well rusty, but, I have 16 hours to learn them.. that is if you count the hours I'm supposed to sleep and I have learned these in much less so..

we'll see.

3 comments:

Ronald said...

I can vouch for your keoughl-ness. I've also heard you speak (in a movie you uploaded some time ago) and of course, you are eminently presentable, so I'm feeling very confident on your behalf. If you don't get the job, it's a fucking fix!!

Michelle said...

kay.. well.. I'm doing it in a few hours and I'm confident that I know the material pretty well.. it's just a matter of how it comes out when I do it, if I stumble over certain words because I use the wrong combination which puts me in a position of saying something clumsy... it will happen so I just have to go with it as smoothly as I can..

like I'm always saying.. I'll see.

Can you believe the vwv is sycho... weird..

Michelle said...

snermong...

SNERMONG?

now that needs a meaning :)