8.08.2006

Any excuse to show off.

It's raining. It's been raining for about a week, about as many days so far this month. I predicted this. I said to someone a few weeks ago, when everyone was complaining about the constant heat that it would be swelteringly hot all July, (which is was) and rain all of August. It gives me no pleasure at all to be proven a big smarty pants knowitall however.

The worst thing about it, is not that you can't go outside without getting sopping wet, whereas a week ago you couldn't go outside without turning into a sunburnt, sweating creature, but that it's no good for photo taking!

All month I tried to get some nice Prague photos, either in the local area, or around the river, and it was always too bloody bright! All of my photos came out crap, the sky was all white, the details were washed out, and if I wanted a photo of a white building, forget it! Except for Wednesday.

Last Wednesday was one of those perfect summer days, warm but not hot, sunny but with pretty fluffy white clouds in the sky, it was like a dream. I took the opportunity to take a few photos of the local church. For once they came out how I wanted them. They were the colour they were suppose to be, and the oh so beautiful clouds! They looked like they'd been handed down from heaven from god himself. Ok, I'm exaggerating slightly, but they were real pretty.

Before I knew it, it was all over. The next day was considerably colder still, gloomy, overcast and rainy. It's been like that ever since. All the ideas I had are completely useless now, until it stops raining. I'm wondering what it all means, are the weather gods against me? Is there someone up there who's trying to tell me something? Am I meant to stay inside and focus on self portraits? Well, I suppose I can always do more of them.


I'm evil. Slight adjustment. I'm outta here!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Teting, let's hope this works.

Anonymous said...

You're not exagerrating about the quality of your church pics. They're excellent, especially the one you posted on your other site, '1000 Words'.

As for your self-portraits, the current crop are superb. I can see the difference between your early work and those you've displayed here. Cool, and and an extra special, woot!

Jennifer Wertkin said...

Um, MEOW!!!!