8.31.2006

But they look so cute and cuddly...

Planning on a going hiking in Switzerland, well..

Mooove slowly and don't hug cows, hikers told


I'm just including the headline so I can state my opinion that whoever wrote it deserves to be shot.

Responding to numerous "reports of unpleasant meetings between hikers and cattle" along Switzerland's picture-perfect Alpine trails this summer, the Swiss Hiking Federation has laid down a few ground rules.
Yeah but you know how rowdy those hikers can get. No doubt they were provoking the cows with taunts about their mothers and such nonsense.
"Leave the animals in peace and do not touch them. Never caress a calf,"
And don't fondle their nipples. That never gets a very good reaction.
"Do not scare the animals or look them directly in the eye. Do not wave sticks. Give a precise blow to the muzzle of the cow in the event of absolute need,"
Just a bit of common curtesy. I mean, where do these people come from, the bottom of the sea?
I dunno. I'd probably have problems trying to get closeup photos of the cows eye and inside of their ears, but that's just me. It's not likely I'll be going anywhere there are cows soon so I'll probably be alright.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't underestimate the powers of a pissed of cow. Don't underestimate the stupidity of a hiker. Don't underestimate the depths of inanity a "public servant" will sink to. Put those together and you get a sign reading: Don't hug the cows.

Anonymous said...

What's going on? Is this the end of the old network of bloggers as we know it? Where are you and what are you doing? Or is that none of my business?

Regarding the cows, I can't comment. As you know, I'm into sheep...

Don

Michelle said...

Hey your the one who deleted your blog. I'm just being lazy. I'll post again one of these days.

Anonymous said...

Yes, but I'm the troubled, disturbed one, slightly off-kilter, you'd expect that from me. But you, you're so much more in control, relentlessly pressing on, paying heed to nothing or no one. I thought you'd stay the course.

Anonymous said...

I know I'm breaking some unwritten rule of yours by commenting too many times in one post, but what the hell, I'll risk your wrath. Anyway, historically, your laziness manifests itself in 'filler' posts, but rarely long pauses between each publication. Question is, is this a turning point in the life of the Kat? Have you, like many others, including myself, thrown the towel in (or as near as dammint) and found other non net-related distractions? As one of your longest-serving public, I demand to know! So there!

Cranky McGee said...

Weird articla...

It appears that cow-tipping is still acceptable. I'm glad to see that hasn't become taboo.