6.06.2011

A boring and meaningless ramble about stuff

Been busy. I might have mentioned that, or something to that nature, once or twice. Mostly with work, well with work, haven't had much else to do at all, and if I have I haven't done it. So June is suddenly summer, busy season, a few people left and/or on holiday and someone just got sick so I'm working almost every night doing 2 shifts, that is unless I'm doing the 3 hour (sometimes turning into 4 hour) Castle tour.. which is enough.


So.. I'm rushing around like a.. busy person, some of the time. Other times I'm just waiting around. I seem to do a lot of both of these things.. you see, this first tour we have of a night, and it depends on which shifts we're doing, but the 2 tours that are on these times are those that, how shall I say it.. NOBODY EVER BLOODY SHOWS UP FOR! One of them is the infamous bridge tour which I've done like 3 times since starting this gig, and the other is a new one which is as yet unknown.. so I go and wait, get no tour for the first one.. so I've got an hour and a half, to wander around, sit around.. just hang around... bit noyin, but not so bad, but I'm going to run out of ways to amuse myself if this keeps up.

Then I get a tour later, and it's usually like 16 people, which is a little less fun and a little more like work.. so if the people would just.. you know, like split themselves up? One with 6 and the other 9? That would be just fine. Please do that in future people.

Well.. this is all very boring and I had more to say before but I forgot it all.. the last few days has been a jumble of slightly crazy stuff. Went to the theatre the other night.. for the first time in 6 months or something.. got to keep myself in the scene, sort of thing, or I've been trying but so far it's done not much.. well.. haven't been doing it much.. then I have a no tour/tour night, the second one was kind of fucked up, I mean.. a little, not hugely so, and I finish about midnight and meet Erik and we go and see a hockey game of all things. well, this team is in the finals you see, so off we go to this pub and who do I see but some people in the cast of the show I'd seen the night before.. they're shooting a movie, of all things, right after doing a show too.. this annoys me a little and I whine to myself about how they get to do so much stuff when I'm doing nothing, but I hang out a bit.. talking to them about stuff and would like to hang with the film people more, but I go back to the sport people.. loyalty you know. It wasn't bad, the game... didn't pay attention but the revelry around it was fun. They won by the way, the right team that is.

So yeah... stayed out until well after daylight.. and yesterday got up at about a normal hour, so I was dreadfully tired but.. still had to do the two tours, or the show up for one to wait around then do a later tour thing... and now I need to work tomorrow again cos one of the guides is sick... I'm on like.. 6 days in a row! Can you imagine!

Hey, where'd everyone go?

No comments: