2.12.2011

The silliest day on earth..

That was yesterday. For me anyway. It was kind of fucked up.. annoying, in that.. superficial unimportant stuff that bugs you sort of way.. and that is all entirely your own stupid fault for being a stupid person who's stupid and does stupd things sutpidly. That was me. Well that's usually me but yesterday especially.

It all started the other night when I left my phone behind in a bar.. not something entirely stupid because people get drunk in bars and do stuff like that but I was hardly drunk, just stupid. I figured it out halfway home after getting a particularly lucky connection with the trams.. and Erik rang it and someone at the bar answered it and said it would be there for me to pick up.. I was too lazy to go back then so I asked if I could come tomorrow. It was ok.

Tomorrow, which was yesterday, I set out to get my phone. I'd gone along on a party which met at another tram stop so I hadn't actually made my own way there before, and I'd toyed with the idea of looking up exactly where it was before going, but I thought.. nah, I'll remember.

Well I didn't, so I looked everywhere. And I mean literally everywhere. I went down every street of this particularly hilly and pub heavy part of Prague, I went up and down many numerous times. I went as far as I thought I should with a strained look up or down the hill, not wanting to waste an uphill walk too far, just to go back later and continue up or down the hill. I went past the same places again and again, unintentionally.. I went much further than was reasonable more than once.. I looked EVERYWHERE, it could possibly be, but no bar. Well lots of bars but not that one.

My legs were hurting.. and I didn't want to use any more energy than was humanly possible to try to find this thing... but I found myself walking on and on again.. up hills, down hills just to come up again.

I would have earlier called someone to look it up for me but.. my reason for going was to get my phone so obvs I didn't have one.. but I came across some public ones.. put a 5kc coin in.. and it just stuck there. Wouldn't go in and I couldn't get it out.

So I tried an internet cafe.. I'd walked past one before and didn't go in, but I had to walk all the way back.. without really remembering where it was.. but I found it relatively easily.. thank goodness.. went in, luckily it was cheap.. looked it up and lo and behold the place was really close.. and a place THAT I'D ALREADY BEEN!

Found it this time. Got the phone, jumped on the tram home, with barely enough time to go back out again to training where I had to know 3 more stories. .and of course was seriously behind on the last one, due to having less time than I expected to learn it. Damn it.

So I wasted the hour I had fumbling about... meant to go a bit early so I wouldn't be rushed, so I went at the last minute and was rushed. I put on one boot.. then I couldn't find the other. I looked and looked and looked but not boot. Finally I had to change to my sneakers and had to spend precious time lacing the damn things up.

Fortunately, my tram was late or I wouldn't have caught it.. I put in my ticket and sat down. later I realized I'd double checked a ticket. It really didn't matter because I wasn't inspected but it was just a special bit of icing on a day of stupidness for me. I did my stories not half bad, not so good but I didn't fuck up.. and now I'm still learning 3 more for tonight.. and I have to leave in like 15 minutes! It never ends....

No comments: