11.21.2010

Frost in the mist.

I dreamt of walking through frosty grass this morning. I was by a field, and it was late late night therefore early morning, it was misty, and there'd been something happening there, I don't know if I was waiting for someone or if I just happened to be about and was thinking "oh yeah that's where that thing was, whoever should be coming out soon"..

anyway I saw people walking through the field and saw the frost and felt the urge to walk in it... so I got on the grass and wiped away frost with my feet leaving bright green foot marks. That part of the dream was really vivid. Now that I think about it, it shouldn't have been light already at the time that would have happened, not in winter. I dream inaccuracies.

That part of the dream was pretty vivid, as you may guess. In fact, a lot of what I dreamt last night/this morning was, but the other parts, some interesting and really strange stuff.. I can remember it was that, is all gone. I remember thinking when I just woke up that it was a particularly good night for dreams, and I had to make a note of them, particularly the bit where.... now I've completely forgotten. I just remember there was some strange goings on, different stuff, stuff that didn't relate to the other stuff as dreams tend to go. Funny how you can lose it so quickly after being in the real world for a few minutes. I do remember the frost really well though.

And apparently blogger doesn't agree that "dreamt" is a word, I suppose I should spell it "dreamed" but fuck it. I shan't.

4 comments:

Ronald said...

Hmmm... strokes newly-grown beard and in pseudoAustro-Germanic accent, thinks, "Let me ponder zis!" But having no analytic skills at all regarding dreams, abandons the effort. Maybe dreams are complete random bollocks, much like cloud formations. Doesn't stop us looking for pictures in them though, does it?

Michelle said...

No, not really. I wasn't particularly trying to analyze it, just thinking that it was odd that I remembered one bit so well, and the rest, despite being vivid in my mind upon awakening, is all gone.. pretty much gone, I mean I have a vague, very vague picture, no.. sort of overview, but further than that, it's gone. All that remains is the frost, and the grass...

*looks kind of wistful and stuff*

Ronald said...

I think it's like that for most people. What's needed is a notepad at the bedside. As soon as you come out of a dreamy sleep, jot down everything you remember. Like we're going to do that though? What a dreamer I am :-)

Michelle said...

Yeah, I've toyed with the possibility of doing that, more than once, but never have. Sometimes I consider typing it up as soon as I'm on the comp but for one reason or another never have.

all those lost stories...