7.28.2011

Some things I don't like.

Yes, there are things I don't like, my unusually happy sunny self actually on occasion grumbles about things.. vocally.. and even writes abou them!

kay.. so enough sarcasm. There are "literally" millions of things I don't like and despite the frequency of complaining on this blog I've only ever pointed out a small fraction of them, but today I'm going to focus on a few, that have been bothering me at the moment.

*People coming up to me as soon as I get to the Orloj, that is our "meeting point" for work. Some people may know I'm a tour guide, and well we need to get to the spot 20 minutes before to wait, greet people for the tour and try to entice more to join.. well, lately I've barely had time to put my umbrella up and sort out the coordination between umbrella, lantern and brochures I'm supposed to hold before someone pounces on me with tickets for the tour. It's annoying.

*Having to hold an open umbrella, lit lantern and hold brochures with 2 hands for 20 minutes at the meeting point before every tour. I actually don't need the lantern for every single tour, but it's still annoying to have to do all the rest.

*When people show up immediately upon my arriving at the meeting point, demanding my attention and then more people come, and people keep coming and coming... and it looks like I'm going to have this huge group that I'm going to have to shout to.. it really only bothers me at the time because either the group stops at a reasonable point, and when it's a large number it always turns out to be ok, but this still bothers me.

*When someone shows up at the last second wanting to go on a tour so I need to hold it all up to deal with their stuff, after standing there doing nothing for the last 10 minutes.

*Needing to get to the meeting point 20 minutes before a tour, and stand there while people show up. Yeah... I really dislike this part.. how could you tell?

Yeah that's it. For now.

*Waiting at the "meeting point" for work. We need to get there, at the Orloj, 20 minutes before the tour,

No comments: