Wednesday, June 18, 2008

As I was saying..

I'm back. I was gone but not anymore.

Over the last week I've had a computer break down, a water heater explode and our building almost burning down.. so I've been a bit frazzled.

The first one explains why I've been (mostly) offline. It was just a bit that attached the fan to board whatsit thingy.. but due to neither me or co-owner knowing much about the hardware stuff and us getting different advice from everyone on what the problem was and how to fix it, it took about 5 days to get the part and get it running. I'm glad to say we go away with a minimum of cost, though we had to wait.

The water heater.. oh the water heater, much fun. Remember how I was pleasantly surprised that the first time it stopped working I called the guy and he said he'd come the next day? And he came the next day quite early? And he came and fixed it and it was working fine? Well it stopped working again, and we fiddled around with it and it burst dirty water all over our stuff, and it kept leaking.. we fucked around with it more and finally got it to stop dripping, but it still didn't work and we had a big mess in the kitchen. That was Friday, and of course these people don't work on weekends... back to this later.

On Saturday, after dinner we were alerted to some noise outside our front window, looked out and saw a fire engine, firemen and police and people waiting around looking. Slightly alarming but we figured it was probably for somewhere else on the street, until we saw them coming into our building. Still.. there didn't seem to be any evacuating going on so we remained.. not sure whether to get out coats and valuables and stuff Cooley in a cage or not.. but by the time we'd interally and to each other debated this, they left the building and left. And the building didn't burn down so I guess it wasn't such a big deal.

We also saw some kitties, but I don't think anyone really cares about that.

The fixit dude came again yesterday and fixed it. I had a nice warm shower and we enjoyed relative normality for the rest of yesterday. This morning it wasn't working again.. so he has to come again with new parts and whatnot but this saga still isn't over. Bummer.

And I went for a casting at the film school yesterday and made an idiot of myself. I still feel kind of embarrassed. Still.. there was hardly anyone there so it's possible I'll get a role just because there isn't anyone else.


Anonymous said...

Damn I know how you feel, water heaters, internet problems...gunky. I completely identify!

Michelle said...

Hehe. nice to know. Now I've got other things to grumble about.. well the same stuff, just more. Grrrr.