5.29.2012

And into the night, o'er the hills.. he escaped..

this varlet..

this what? I hear you ask...

this varlet, I say.. it happens to be the word o' the day.. it's why I'm mentioning it, actually the entire reason for that little bit of.. prose.. I spose, in the title and opening line.. that actually didn't happen.. there was no such knave, or rascal.. oh yeah, that's what it means.. more specifically;

1. A knavish person; rascal.
2. A. An attendant or servant. B. A page who serves a knight.
Is he not a lying, stinking, contemptible varlet?
-- Jude Morgan, Indiscretion
A varlet scrambled forward at once and attempted to wrestle our luggage away from me.
-- Eric Kraft, On the Wing
Wasn't aware of the word before, but it seems as though I've known quite a few of these over the years, and I've never had any servants.

No comments: