6.28.2010

Done a fair bit.. achieved.. not so much.

It sounds like a contradiction but it depends on your definition of "achieved". I suppose achievement can be anything that you do. I achieved going to Israel and returning, and visiting all the places I did, and meeting a visitor at the airport and going to the top of the hill to see a castle but if you reserve achievement for things like.. work stuff or fix things stuff well..

well.. so, I returned last week. The Israel trip was full of too much to summarize.. I mean I went to the beach in Tel Aviv, an improv class there too.. Jerusalem Old City and a wedding, a dinner and a shul.. I took a significant number of photos and met someone called Akram. Well not so much met as.. not sure what I'd call it.

Anyway. Came home. Fed the cat. Had a day off. Then I went to meet some guy about a film. I do this a fair bit, it rarely turns into anything but when I get the opportunity, I meet people about films. Now the info I'd picked up off the internet from the email I received while in Tel Aviv with limited internet access was minimum. Meeting place, which happened to be a name that can mean 3 different establishments and that's it. No number, no description of person. So I went there to meet him. I hung about, and hung about, looking for someone who might be someone who's meeting someone about a film without knowing what he looks like or if I'm even in the right place and I didn't see him. Or rather I didn't see him and know it was him.

I asked a few people if they were him and they weren't. I felt slightly foolish. I went home without having had a meeting.

The next day the door guy came, or rather the anti-door guy as we now refer to him as. Well.. the door was already gone, that had been taken out before our trip, the very day before, a Sunday and he wasn't able to finish it then, but he came to finish it that day. So he brought a screen thingy and put it up and then we had an incident regarding payment.. and well I was willing to compromise or have the money later which I was not able to provide at that moment, but he wasn't so he left after un-installing it all.

And the next day I went to post something and didn't have quite enough money to so I went home with box and without postage have been achieved so you see what I mean? Week of failed.. stuff..

oh and when we went to meet our second visitor at the train station she wasn't there, but while we were in a pub by the station watching Ghana victor over the US she showed up and it all turned out ok.

So now we have visitors. So I'm doing touristy stuff but from the guide perspective this time. Sort of. And that's all.

No comments: