7.22.2007

What was that I was saying about moderation?

You remember the other day when I was complaining about how it got all suddenly hot, right after it stopped raining. Well it rained again. Actually it rained a few times over the last week, always during the night, and we always went back to the same oppressive heat.

Last night it rained again, and I was quite listening to it, it got louder and louder, started pounding against my building with super force, and I just couldn't sleep. I was thinking about what I'd seen in the news about the floods in the UK, they said that some areas had received a month's worth of rain in one day.. you know, like some sky god creature had emptied a big fucking super bucketful of water at once instead of letting it trickle out a bit at a time.. or something like that, and I thought "fuck, it's gonna flood again".

I eventually drifted off to sleep expecting today to bring tidings of big water and metros closing. When I woke up it didn't seem like much was going on, but it was much cooler, for which I was grateful, so I'm not going to grumble about it being overcast and rainy again.

Except for that I was planning on spending some evenings, in the hour just before the sun goes down walking around attractive areas of the city, getting lovely photos. There is no better time to take cityscapes than that part of the day, when it's hot and sunny, I should know, and yesterday I went for a brief walk, took some mediocre photos telling myself I'd go further and get better ones tomorrow.

Well it's tomorrow today and it's been cloudy, which just doesn't work. So I guess I am grumbling.

No comments: