6.26.2019

Sitting over here, sweating into my sweat..

We're having a hot old early summer here, in central Europe and much of the regions west of here, and east of here, oh yeah and south of here. And a bit north of here. At least I think so. Anyway who cares I'm here and here is hot!

Today we reach heights of temperature not yet risen to so far this summer and that part of June that officially is not yet summer yet. Been pretty hot since the turn of this month, but it's peaked in the early 30s til now. Today it's reached 36/feels like 37. Celsius of course.

Now, I know there are places where the temperature gets hotter than that regularly. I've lived in one of those places, but those places usually are by the sea and have breezes and bodies of water to hang out in, they usually have air conditioning in most buildings, and none of them are places where I work as a walking tour guide out in the city, where people will always turn up to do a tour no matter the weather, and somehow expect me to magic up some shade/shelter/warmth whatever is needed to rectify the problem, even if the city itself does not provide.

Today I am fortunately not working, so I'm lazing at home with a fan blowing hot air on me, trying to strategically place ice and cold water in places to make the air cooler. It's not making the air cooler.

The current temperature is a high, and the forecast says it will cool down to a more managable really hot for the next few days, but it will rise again to 30 something high, and feels like even higher... and I will have to work and won't have the luxury of staying in with a useless fan. It will be hard, and I will suffer greatly, but you know me, I don't complain. 🙄


5 comments:

Ronald said...

The Brits are getting excited because the temperature is going to reach the high 20's tomorrow. Hehe!

Michelle said...

Wow, I mean really, that's hot enough for me. It cooled down yesterday to a mild high 20s and it was hot enough for me, I was out sweltering and sweating and whining... it was almost 10 degrees cooler than the day before, I don't know how anyone survived it out there.

Ronald said...

A few years ago I visited Egypt, and some days the temperature reached about 40C. It was horrendous traipsing along behind a tour guide, sometimes going underground following narrow passages, and for what? Just to see what amounted to 2000 year old graffiti! Hehe! Just kidding. Although it was unbearably hot, I could still appreciate the remnants of an ancient civilisation. Anyway, have a cold beer or two. Cheers!

Michelle said...

I'm drinking almost frozen water at the moment, perhaps with some flavoring in it.. yeah there's flavoring.

Beer is for later as it's Friday night so...

Michelle said...

Time to go out for a beer/beers the night befoee my busiest day.