11.11.2009

The current bi-monthly misshap..

Not sure if these misshaps... computer related or general happen weekly, monthly, bi-monthly or 4 daily, but they happen a lot. A lot!

The most recent (current) one is this very comp. Yes, I'm using this very one right now, obvs.. but it's been giving me problems.

All weekend it kept shutting down, it would start up mostly normally with a blue screen informing us there were problems to be checked, usually got fully started up but it wouldn't stay started for very long. Not long enough to do anything.

We tried everything.. everything! That is, the 3 things each we know how to do and did those things over and over again though those things proved useless in this case. I don't include the things I tried to do which usually worked for me before when I had computer problems, as it wouldn't let me do those.

So.. at some point we tried similar but slightly different things (this is the not me part of we, all my attempts were pointless) and it seemed to do something different. Shut the computer down and slept on it.

Monday it worked like a charm. Well, like it did before which is slow and clunky but it stayed on.
Some time in the evening it shut down, but came back again.

Yesterday.. expecting I'd have a fruitful day of doing stuff on the comp, seeing as Monday it had for the most part worked.. I logged on. Unfortunately it decided to do a repeat of the weekend. I did a repeat of the things I'd tried which had never worked, and they never worked.

In the evening Erik came back and did something slightly different again and it did something a bit different. It looked promising, and today, I expected to have another Monday.

No such luck, it kept shutting down. I repeated a few times, left it, repeated again and one of those times it stayed on and this is one of those times. We'll see what it does next.

No comments: