11.27.2009

Travelling and stuff.

It's funny. I've always thought of myself as someone who really likes travelling, and would do it a lot. And most likely a lot of people, both that I know, and "out there" see me as this jet setting glamorous person due to me living here in exotic Prague, and being from somewhere else completely.

They are wrong. Well at least the were.. ok the "jetsetting" and the "glamorous" are huge exaggerations and/or entirely incorrect, but the travelling what many people would consider lots is inaccurate as well. At least until recently. Ok the lots according to pretty much anyone is still erroneous, and yes I did just look up the thesaurus to use a word that was neither wrong, incorrect or inaccurate, not that anyone seemed to ask.

I do have a point. The point is I don't travel a whole lot, and until quite recently, not at all. Until some time last year I hadn't been out of Prague for like... ever. Seriously. It took Erik coming for his 3rd trip from Israel to take a day trip somewhere.

Through last year we quite often went off somewhere, and I re-familiriarized myself with some of the non Prague parts of this country, or visited them for the first time. It was nice, but I still hadn't been out of the country for like.. years. Years I tell you! That's a long time for such a little country.

Until this September when I went to Italy. We had a whirlwind trip going to Rome, Sardinia and Tuscany and battling buses, trains, ferries, and planes and meeting people who previously had only existed in the computer.. seeing Erik's parents and.. stuff. It was cool.

And then the weekend before last we went to Berlin. We walked around, visited the wall, mucked around on the U-Bahn, had pleasant mishap free rides on the S-Bahn, ate lots of falafels and kebaps (apparently in Germany there's a p in it) and stuff.

Now I feel all well travelled like I go places or something. Funny how quickly things change.

No comments: