12.01.2007

It's off to work I go.

It's been an exciting couple of days. I had a birthday on Thursday. I really didn't need another one, I've had enough of those already, but it came all the same. I had a relatively relaxing day, mostly stayed in and only got a little drunk, but it was fun.

Yesterday I got a new camera. This is extremely exciting. It's got a big zoom and everything, and it's got a memory card that fits like.. 1 million photos so I can snap and snap and snap and snap and not worry about it. I'm gonna have fun with this.

So, in about half an hour I'm off to meet Santa and friends, to get ready for the new job, which is "photographer". Sounds very swanky, but it's very simple, the camera's sitting there on a tripod and I just have to snap. Nevertheless I'm nervous, I'm naturally quite incompetent and manage to screw up the simplest of things, so I'm glad I'm going a bit early to go through the whole thing again. I had a sort of training on Wednesday where a guy came in and babbled out quickly how to use the printer and camera to about 8 people, and I'm not sure I picked up so much.

It's the first day, so hopefully it will be really, really, really, really slow. That will give me time to get used to the whole point and shoot and fiddle with the functions to print and then print again, all while being presentable and nice to people, I really need that time.

Damn... gotta go soon. Back in the evening.

3 comments:

R Nicolas said...

Being nice to people would seem to be the hard part of your new gig. I don't know how people are in Prague during the season of love and goodwill, but around here they turn into merchandise crazed assholes that will kill and eat small children if it means they can get a sweater for 15% off.

Anonymous said...

I hope the new camera is your own. It sounds like it's an SLR so I can understand your excitement. I remember the first time I had mine. I strutted around with it slung low, the zoom lenses head bobbing around just below hip level. But enough of this phallic-imagery. Congratulations on getting the perfect job. I mean, even if the pay is low, the holidays are fucking awesome. Come the 25th you're a free woman until this time next year.

Don't stand any nonsense from those kids. First sign of trouble, give the fuckers a slap.

Ho, ho, ho!

El Cuervo said...

congrats on the job and the camera!!! You will be macking money doing something that you like, not a bad gig (not perfectm but hey very few things are).

I'm glad the hot water situation has been solved!!!