3.12.2020

Interesting Times

This is it, we're living in history, an actual global pandemic. That sounds bad.

I hope all this panic and what seemed like overreaction is just everyone (in many parts of the world anyway, including this one) is just being extra precautious (not sure that's actually a word, but it should be) and that's just what it will take to stop the spread of this virus and nip it in the bud.

Here they've just closed schools, then all gyms and restaurants etc. Advising people to wash their hands, stay home etc. That I don't mind, and have been spending a lot of time at home as my working hours have recently decreased significantly for reasons entirely unrelated to coronovirus... having said that, my work is in the tourist industry, my company, for reasons unrelated etc etc is already going through difficult times... so how much work there will be going forward I can't exactly know. I have another job I occasionally do, or did.. that's with a school, which are now all closed. The future is unclear.

So, I hope everyone is well, keeping safe, washing hands in hot or cold water, avoiding crowds, wearing masks/not wearing masks, postponing travel.. and whatever else it is you're supposed to do or whatever it is that helps.

It just started raining. Is that good or bad for the spread of this thing?




No comments: