9.25.2010

Strange things happen on a rainy night..

It's a strange old night. It was an interesting day. Went to a barbecue in the countryside. Well.. you can probably guess that due to it's being a rainy night, and therefore a high probability of it having been a rainy day, it probably wasn't the most ideal day for one.. but we had an enjoyable time in an old run down house that's being renovated in the hope it will be open for business as a hotel/restaurant type deal sometime in the future, talking to some people who were strange enough to be interesting.

It was a weirdly enjoyable drive home in the rain... I dunno, there's something surreal about driving at night in the countryside and even more when it rains.. and of course our city dwelling driver took a bit of time to get on the right track so there was the usual hilarity that ensues on such occasion.. you know what I mean.

So.. she drops us off at a tram stop.. we come home to the not nearest stop but the one where we have to walk a bit.. and it's raining, and we get off the train and almost walk into some guy with a ladder. As we get on our way he puts the ladder in front of some flat, like he's trying to fit it in the window.. no idea what that was about. Then we walk by some people outside of some restaurant washing some sink or something.. or painting it.. I dunno. Wouldn't think that's the ideal time to do such a thing...

as we're approaching our street we hear some sirens.. or alarms.. not sure what, but knowing the place we live, and certain people who lived here, we hoped to whoever is up there or where it is whoever they are is, that it didn't originate from our building.. with cops refusing our entry, leaving us soaking on the street while our cat is stranded up there..

Fortunately it turned out to be some dickhead playing with the alarm on his car or something... nothing to do with us. We were safe, all we had to do, was get in out of the rain and everything's cool. So we get to our door, we get in out of the rain and what do we see.. well, certain people was lying on the stairs.. still. Now, we've seen this element passed out in the hall more than once before.. so it wasn't the hugest shock, but the guy is like 70 something.. so you have to wonder, a bit.

Turned out he was alive.. thank goodness, really didn't want to have to deal with reporting it to the authorities at this point :) and we walked past him.. said good evening to each other, and safely into our flat. The end.

6 comments:

Ronald said...

You see? Your life is more interesting than you think. count your blessings.

Hugs

Michelle said...

You're right.. my life is so much more interesting than I think it is. Wait. how interesting do I think it is...

I think it's just as interesting as I think it is.. depending on the day.

Ronald said...

All I can go by is relatively recent posts in which you bemoan the dullness of your lifer :-)

Michelle said...

Yeah.. I know I've mentioned that once or twice... well grumbled and whined and half assedly analyzed it and that sort of thing. And quite a lot.. I think it would be fair to say it's a theme.. well, there's definitely a theme of general not muchness about the blog, whether it's me, my life, my achievements etc.

I did that say I was going to be relatively busy recently though...

Ronald said...

S'true. Can't argue with that.

Michelle said...

well you could, but it would be foolish because I'd then point you to the evidence :)