11.28.2021

Almost very near a half century

It's my birthday tomorrow. I'm going to be 48. It's not a big milestone year but it's just a bit older and a bit closer to the next decade. And 50 sounds old, way too old, I mean 40 is already too old and I'm already barreling down towards the next one.. how did that happen?

There's not much to be done about it except for cry, which I just might do, but I'm going to leave my birthday wish list here:

A guitar, electric preferably.              My own room, or flat or house, any of those will do.                                      Enough money so that I don't have to work anymore.                                  To be able to go back in time to do everything differently and better and to be back in those days and be younger now.. alternatively to have been born later so I am younger now, and also that current times didn't suck and had better music.

That's about all. Though I may add some things to my wish list by Christmas.

9 comments:

Ronald said...

I missed your birthday, but that's not surprising given that I rarely get online these days.But still, I'm surprised to find you're careering headlong towards the big 50. I always think of you as my long-time young online "friend". But still, it's all relative when you consider I'm fast approaching 73! I'd pay good money to be 58 again :). Anyway, here's wishing you a much belated Happy Birthday, and a lot more privacy than you're currently getting.

Big hugs,

Don

Ronald said...

* I meant 48

Michelle said...

Hi. Good to hear from you. Well I got a room for a bit. My friend went away for Christmas and let me stay in her flat for the time she was gone. Well that was the intention.. she came back 2 days ago and we're still here. Must go back to the hostel or somewhere else tonight, or it will be pushing too far.

Happy New year, I hope this one will be better for all of us.. though not to grumble..though I do little else these days.. I have a long cold dead winter to get through with my shitty commission only job and crappy but overpriced accommodation.. if I even make enough to pay for it once my December earnings run out. As they largely fucked the xmas season here they weren't so great.

I'm definitely grumbling aren't I? I haven't even got out of bed yet what do I have to complain about?

Ronald said...

Yes, it has to be said, you're not afraid to grumble if the situation requires, and occasionally when it doesn't [chuckle] but so what? I'm considered to be the same, and whatsmore I'm proud of it. So Grumble away. That's an awkward situation you're in at the moment and for what it's worth, I hope things improve for the better :(

Ronald said...

If I could get my hands on a chicken, I'd disembowel it and offer it to the God of aussie ex-pats :|

Michelle said...

Alright 😬. Not sure how I'd feel about a chicken paying the price for my good fortune.. maybe you can try something with rocks or the moon 🤔

Ronald said...

Yes, it does seem a bit cruel killing an innocent chicken. It just goes to show how lacking in imagination and insensitive I am. How about I pray to the Christian God? I doubt it will help though, for if such an entity existed then surely you wouldn't be in such a plight in the first place? I think I'll try dancing around a totem pole.

Michelle said...

If you get a video of the incident even better 😁

Ronald said...

I resemble a chicken when dancing. At least you might get a laugh out of it :|