7.14.2019

*mutters over here in the 1st world*

So I've been feeling a bit down, a bit bummed a bit bla of late. Somewhere been the last week to 4 years or so. It's just.. shit isn't really working out. I mean it's not not working out it's just.. I don't know.

I mean I've got work, which continues to annoy me in one way or another, and this place, which is an improvement on the last but we still have to share and the hot water isn't heating up properly now and I'm worried we'll have a problem with bugs again. There was the problem with the plug but that's been fixed, for now but then the first time after that I try to take a shower the water doesn't even heat up properly.. it always has to be something.

And my charger isn't working, or working slow. It keeps working poorly, then better then poorly again. If it doesn't start working better again the power will run out and I won't be able to use my phone and what will I do then? I shudder to think.

Dammit..n n n... this bloody phone and its "keyboard" I mean you spend years.. or more like weeks really learning to type properly and really fast (well in my case it may have been days *is slightly smug*) and they invent these super phones that we suddenly all have to use for everything where you type with your thumbs clumsily on a tiny screen like some, man or something and they put the n right next to the space bar and it takes about 30 times to write the word "and".

They're just the things that are bugging me right now. Come back in a hour and I'll probably still be ranting about them, plus addd a few things, although they will be quite similar in nature to the existing list.

I admit some have it worse.

7 comments:

Ronald said...

I feel down, a lot. And I'm sometimes told - "not to mind, there's always someone worse off !". But that doesn't help. It makes me feel worse, adding guilt to may already low condition. It's as if they're saying, "how dare you complain when others are much worse off then you! You should be ashamed". You know, I think it's okay to indulge ourselves in misery from time to time :)

Michelle said...

Yeah that doesn't help me either, for one thing, when it could be worse that means things can still get worse. And it makes me feel weak, pathetic, self centered and all that, because my own minor non problema remain problems for me, and continue to piss me off even with the knowledge that there are people out there dealing with so much worse.

The only thing I try to do, and probably fail at sometimes is choose my audience.. don't start going on about how your flat is too small and the neighbours are noisy in the presence of the homeless, for example.. that's just rude.

Like I said I've probably done this through cluelessness on occasion, but wouldn't deliberately, unless I'm in a really awful mood, or I don't like the person or they otherwise deserve it...

I think I'll stop now.

Ronald said...

Whether we like it or not, we're each the main protagonist in our own drama - in each case it's called "My Life". What's the sense in playing a bit part, allowing others more importance? Keep on howling in protest. No one is forced to listen :)

Michelle said...

True. And honestly most of the people I've met who have a habit of scolding people for complaining about their first world problems are not exactly above a bit, or a lot of whining themselves, so they're worse than the rest of us whiners, no need to listen to them. I will keep moaning while trying and probably mostly failing, to keep some perspective.

Ronald said...

Well, for what it's worth, I'll listen when I can. But I can't promise all the time, as I tend (and you might be shocked to hear this) I have periods of self-pitying! Yep! Can you believe that?

Ronald said...

I should have told you this many moons ago, but I always forget. It concerns your Flickr Widget on this site - it doesn't work! I get - "This is not the page you’re looking for". :|

Michelle said...

Ah, thanks for telling me that. I haven't changed the site for years, no doubt there is stuff that just isn't supported anymore. I guess I'll update at some point if I remember to and can be bothered.