2.01.2009

My hands are cold.

I've been home for a while but my hands still have that recently thawed out stingy feeling. Well, we went out to Mala Strana. The snow stayed around but the sun took off within 5 minutes of us leaving the house, but it was ok, all was pretty, there was snow, there were ducks and swans and babies bums.

I took lots of pictures, which is why my hands got so cold, despite having gloves on, they're pretty flimsy and if I don't keep my hands in my pockets most of the time they freeze. It's worth it to get a bunch of new scenic Prague in winter photos, so I don't mind. Makes me feel brave and hardy.

No beer though, it's a bit of a skint weekend, and though it was a pleasant day, it was kept from deserving the title of perfect due to us not being able to pop into a pub to thaw out and chill. Yes, I'm aware the latter part of that sentence is contradictory, and no, it doesn't matter that today wasn't perfect because it just gives us room for improvement on a future expedition, just in case you were interested in knowing, and yes, I do mean you, singular.

The babies bums is a sculpture, in case you were thinking it was an odd sort of thing to see by the river on a freezing cold day.

4 comments:

Ronald said...

Damn, you explained what the 'babies bums' were. Now I have to think of something else to say or ask a question about... [racks brain... nothing comes]

Oh well, it's been cold here too but not it sounds, Prague-like. But still f..f..f..flipping freezing!

Aha... a thought... good thing about the weather is, you might see babies bums by the river but there's little chance of seeing some saddo waving his... well, you know...

Michelle said...

How do you know I didn't see some saddo down by the river then :) in fact, how do you know I'm not that saddo.. or would be if I actually had any.. er.. you know..

Michelle said...

I mean of course, if there had been such a saddo, I'd definitely have got photos of it, you probably know that.. but you haven't seen the babies bums yet either..

come to think of it, babies should have an apostrophe in it somewhere.. I think..

Ronald said...

Even saddos have egos... nothing worse for a man than when it resembles the fruit of an oak, so I'm sure you're safe in the freezing weather.

You know something, amazingly I understood perfectly the word 'babies' in that context, despite the absence of an apostrophe.