1.04.2007

I'm on a Rock & Roll!

There's something to be said for setting yourself really low goals. Not only have a I already made a sandwich, several in fact, I actually got myself some winter boots.

It almost didn't happen. I went out today with the aim of buying some clothing items that I really need. It was crowded, people didn't seem to understand the need to keep the fuck out of my way, and I didn't see much of what I liked. I mean, I don't care how fucking cold it is this winter, how much it snows or now much everyone else thinks they are beautiful, I'm not wearing boots in a cowgirl esque style. The fucking things are everywhere, you can barely find anything else. Is this actually in fashion anywhere in the known world, or are we just hopelessly clueless here. I'm betting on option #2.

I almost came home without anything, until I decided once more to to look in a shop that was one of the first I'd visited, and found some that looked alright for a pretty good price. So I got them. Now it can snow whenever it wants to. I won't get my toes wet now.

So I've already knocked off #9 and #8 from my resolutions list. Now all I have to do is drink a lot and not do much else. I've got this thing sorted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? You don't like boots with tassles, frills, and ornate designs? Are you sure? Wearing them gives you just that much more authority when you scream, "yeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!". Surely that makes them worthwhile?

You had problems getting people out of your way? I'm surprised. You scare the fuck out of me and I'm hundreds of miles away. Just kidding. I think. Well, you do get a little cross occasionally.

I trust we'll get to see a pic of the aforementioned boots before long?

Kittie said...

That's really, really funny that one of yours is to buy some winter boots--it wildly contrasted with one of mine. One of my unofficial sort of goals was to manage to buy myself lots of capri pants that didn't look big and goofy or are skin tight. I'm too white for regular shorts and I'm tired of just wearing jeans and being so fucking hot all the time. Plus they would look cute with my new Mary Jane Crocs. Of course, they really aren't in stores right now but when they are I'll be fighting the crowds as well. I hope I had the same good luck as you did in finding something on the first trip out.

Do post a pic of those boots!

Anonymous said...

Did you mention "snow"? Michelle, you must be living in a different Prague to the one I am in :-)

Anonymous said...

So far I have been exploring volunteer opportunities and I have exercised and watched my diet. I love boots. I have my fake pink Uggs, a pair of riding boots, and my granny boots..LOVE THEM...I shop almost exclusively online and I never have to deal with the crowds people smell, are load, and fat...shopping is taking your life in your own hands.....