5.16.2006

A new career opportunity.

Last night, I got a strange message in the middle of the night. Well it was 1:30 but I was sleeping, I'm not half as exciting as you all think I am. The message was something like "I'm an artist, new to Prague, your friend Doug said you might be interested in being a life model, a "muse" if you like, and let's meet up.

I read it blearily and went back to sleep. In the morning I remembered it, and wondered if I hadn't just dreamt it, as even I don't get messages of this sort every day. I checked and there it was.

As far as I know, the muse is a woman who inspires art. She exists to help the man, the artist create. I would say she's a cross between a groupie and a patron, if you see it in the way for a woman to be an artist in a patriarchal society where she can't just do it on her own. Of course nowadays things are different, and someone like me who is the creator in her own right in many ways, the idea of the muse is, against my religion so to speak.

But, as none of my many examples of dabbling in the arts include actual art art, (unless you include some of my latest photos which are beginning to resemble a kind of bad art), I can do it. That and there's money in it, though I'm happy to stick with the title of model.

So we'll see what happens. Not sure what he expects, whether he'll like me, whether I'll be able to sit still for as long as he needs, but I'll meet him sometime soon and get back with you.

8 comments:

Ronald said...

At last, you get a chance to do an honest day's work.

People think you're exciting? Or do you mean they think you lead an exciting lifestyle?

Michelle said...

I was referring to the middle of the night being just after 1:00. Just in case people thought I was a wild nightowl or something. I'm not really, not every night of the week.

Ronald said...

Thanks for that.

It's amazing, and like all those others, I thought you were a hedonist-extraordinaire. It's comforting to know the beautiful people can be just like the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

Watch that Sharon Stone/Albert Brooks movie for pointers!

Mr Angry said...

Sounds interesting. Assuming he isn't just a talentless creep who uses the mantle of "art" to hit on women. But I'm sure you can present him with his nads as earring if need be.

xwy said...

Ooooo, a model. Will you still talk to the rest of us when you're famous??? Just teasing. It sounds like a great opportunity! Keep us informed. And if he is a cad, take a mixer to his genitalia...that usually stops repeat behavior!

Cranky McGee said...

I'm thinking along the lines of Mr. Angry. This guy might be a psycho pretending to be legit.

OK... maybe not. I've watched too many episodes of NBC's sexual predator specials. U.S. TV is fucked up and turns the average citizen like me into a paranoid freak.

Michelle said...

Well, the guy who told him abou tme mentioned him before and if I recall seems to think he's gay, though I don't know. In any case I'm meeting him in a public place tomorrow evening where he's going to show me his art. If it turns out to be dodgy a beer over the head should do.

And no, I don't intend to forget the people who made me who I am when I'm rich and famous, I'm nice that way.